Sunday, September 11, 2005

Missed

Woke up. Found myself all alone. I found myself a shadow of someone else's past. I woke up, the storm had passed. Doors were shut. Not locked. Dark, it was but so was the night that filled up my eyes. Distant to hear a voice. The reassurance that someone was there. Someone who really cared. It was fair to say that the story started here. But negligence brought me to the moment of where my tip toes were carrying me in the silence of the environment around me.

Glass under my feet. The more I moved on, the more I bleed. Yet, I feel no pain. No remorse. No attempt to squat back. No stopping me now from heading on. Crisp was the sound which broke the air. After that, silence and my glare.

A window? Here in the dark? A slight light in the corner. Hold on to hope's thought.

I try to break free. I smash the window and let my elbow bleed intensively. Woozing around at the moment into memory lane. I recall hearing what people used to call me by - those names. The tired moments that I would try to hold my anger within. The laughter I hear, those squeals of hooting and grins. Despair was never a flight unintended for me. The journey I take into the depths of the plight.

I'm still all alone here. With no one to hold my hand. No one to actually depend on. The future is a question mark to me, the phoney 'promised-land'.

Wake up. I like awake. Into the darkness I stare. My heart's aracing. My thoughts competing. My eyes fleeing. My chest falling.

The tip toe of my body to the light switch. Its still dark, in my soul - because you are missed.

0 comments: