Saturday, September 10, 2005

Predestination: Love is a kind of fate

Seems quite odd that one would believe in fate but fight against it at the same time. For instance; take me, I have some sort of sickness which only allows me to enjoy certain times until it chooses to pop up to the surface once again. I am destined to always have this sickness because there is no cure to it (its not contagious and it can't be given through any means on any of your minds, if you get my drift) yet I still fight it out, day in day out trying to make the best out of the least what I have. Does that make sense to you?

The same with love - it chooses you and in unrelying circumstances which at the very best are the worst anyone could ever imagine on God's Earth. Yet we still fight for the chance to get a shot at making the best of the opportunity. By snapping success from the jaws of defeat. And as lame as this may sound - its what makes us stronger, more powerful, more motivated to get up in the morning knowing that there is someone next to you waiting for you to wake up and look into their eyes, smiling as if for the first time and whispering the good morning song that your thumping heart beats to.

She lies there, sleeping
Away into dream land, she's dreaming
Silent breaths of her body I hear
The thumping, of my heart - it beats
I could not ask for more than this
The moment I have long lived to wish for, is this

A movement
A simple stare
With a voice so fare
'Good morning'

..I only want to be there

0 comments: