Friday, April 28, 2006

The Fever

I lie here in my bed
Fever overpowering my senses, clouds over my head

I can hardly feel my fingertips
Nor sense anything around
This fever really
Has gotten me pinned to the ground

I open my eyes
To a wet cloth slowly brushing away the sweat
I feel hot inside
Cold outside
And like I am losing my breath

I need to drink
Like I haven't drank for a month
This fever is stabbing me
In all the right spots

I don't give up that easy, you know
I know I can fight this fever
That I can fight this pain
The path that I will follow unto thee
Under this drenched sweaty rain
I know I am not alone
Nor will I ever be
I will always be
A fighter, inside, for all eternity

2 comments:

MJ said...

Salaamaaaat!!!

Sleepless In Muscat said...

MJ:

ALLLLLLLAAAHHH ysalmich :P