Friday, April 14, 2006

No Smoking


I've written and expressed a great about the bad habit of smoking and how it effects us, the people who don't. How it not only endangers the smoker in first position, but also endangers the lives of others who don't and sit around doing the habit but passively.

What new evidence could I possibly give to ensure people's attention towards the safety hazards that come out of smoking behavior?

First of all, we all know how it affects the smokers directly, through - if it was a male smoker - causing lung cancer, decreasing sperm count, causing detoriation of the tongue and mouth areas (not to mention serious dental damage to teeth infrastructure). And if it was a female - it can cause serious birth difficulties and allow the baby's general body to be deformed in a very horrible manner including everything that was mentioned for the male smoker's body apart from the loss in sperm count.

In general, smoking can cause quick tireness, and possibly cave in your lungs making it harder to breath normally, this is often caused by loss of oxygen levels with the blood mainstream because of smoking.

Passive smoking is also a great danger to those who don't actually like or take up this horrible habit. Causing them, without knowing, to possibly have the same symptoms as a regular smoker. Not to mention the endagerment of a child's life in front of the puff caused by smoking a cigarrette is catastrophic.

People in Oman can still avoid these dangers by never buying another cigarrette or seeking psychological help to avoid going back to the habit.

Perhaps this is a bit too harsh to say, but, nevertheless, I feel that smokers who still pursue the habit can obtain no respect from society because as such endangering your own life clearly shows how irresponsible a human being you can possibly ever be and that, by itself, is a cause for disrespect.

5 comments:

Nostalgia said...

You know wht all smokers know all about the consequences of smoking.They know it all!!But still deny it and keep on smoking,And try to persuade us that it is not as bad as we think.Well but the truth is it is bad for health not for the one smoking but also for just another person sitting beside him.Well it would just take a bit of consideration and will power for the smokers to quit smoking.If they care for themselves and the other people around them, they will quit but if they are selfish and too involved with their own happiness(tht they think they get frm smoking)nothing can make them quit.
PS:hey,i have a blog too,did i tell u?Well, do visit sometime.And ur most welcome to leave comments.:)

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Sara:

I know...tell me about! (figure of speech, btw)..

And by the way, I do visit your blog but currently, I am in this devastating depression mode so I am not posting much even on my blog even though it would seem otherwise (check my last few posts - they're all of sad feelings)

But I will get to it eventually

sorry

Nostalgia said...

oh,i am extremely sorry!!I didnt really get that u were sad.Although your poems seemed a bit sad to me.But i really cudn't imagine someone to be so depressed and that their poems wud actually portray them.Well i hope u get over it soon.!! :)
Helpful tips if u needs:)Drink lots and lots of water,it really helps to get out of depression.And dont eat chocolates that increases depression:)
I hope u wouldn't mind me giving some advice.Actually its in my nature that i alwayz try to help.Even if i dont know tht person so well.:)Sorry if u minded it!!

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Sara:

thanks...I don't mind it at all..

But I hope you won't mind if I don't pay much attention to myself during this period.

Thanks again.

;o)

Arabized said...

oh i hate it when people smoke cigs. it pisses me off and sends me off ranting.

the other day at a cafe in a mall, they places a sign saying 'thank you for not smoking' and there was a couple sitting there smoking. I just walked passed them and said 'Thank you for NOT smoking!'.

A lot of my friends smoke, and they think its funny when they say to me, 'well you get enough second hand smoke, you might as well start smoking'.

@#$@$#@$##@$#

I actually got bronchitis once and i dont smoke!

If you want to lose weight, go on a $#!@*&# diet.

(i'll just stop now.)