Thursday, April 06, 2006

Life: mythical magical moments to possible realities

Never mistake anything. A lesson you just can’t get enough of. And too many times have I been bitten the same bite – past, present, and future.

Only years ago was I on the verge of giving up everything that was so dear to me; my health;; my life; and most importantly, the people who loved me the most. I was so down that that I had fled off to my own world. My …own fortress, if you will. Things were so jumbled up in my head that I didn’t know what to do and how to start my life off again.

At a moment’s sickness, I thought the world was closing every door in my face. I tried to look for the light that would guide me again to the right path. I was looking for that hand that would take me down that narrow road through the world’s perils of which we live today.

I took the step of going boldly into that unknown spehere where only God knew where it would lead me later on in the future. It was a step into the right direction but it wasn’t as paved as I thought it would be. I paid a price for going that way and the price was dear enough to live a different life altogether. You would think that at that time it would be the end of my worries. But it wasn’t. It was just merely the beginning.

I didn’t have to look into my health issues later on as much as I had to before that stage. But when I did, it was for a long time. And out of what I thought was my end was yet another new beginning in another new way that had possibly opened my eyes in ways that I hadn’t managed to look at the world as I had thought it could be done before.

I was always the pessimistic type. And I always saw the glass half empty but never half full ‘til just a short period before. Where I seem to look at things in a much more brighter perspective. Where challenges that make my mission almost impossible only make my aspirations more desireable. Where I choose to push the line to where I would get more and more out of the least of what I have right now.

I had always wanted to become a writer. And now I manage a few blogs, write a semi-regular column in theweek, I also have had the blessing of a loving family and few mind-noted friends who have been by my side, and now that it’s my time to own up, I choose to blow it all out.

Plans can always be rearranged in one way or another. But I will get there no matter what. The main thing is always keeping the target in mind.

Why I wrote this is because I had seen The Last Holiday starring Queen Latifah. And if you see the movie you would understand my angle and what I am trying to point out here.

You only get one chance to make your daydreams a reality, you might as well do it now while you’re alive.

5 comments:

Nostalgia said...

hey!
very good and inspiring post!:)

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Hey Sara:

thanks...but you never said how inspiring it is?

;o)

flamin said...

this one's beautiful. definitely one of ur best posts since i started reading ur blog :)

i loved that movie and i know why u write and u feel the way u do in this post. i felt similar too. that movie was a fantasy...but it really makes u think. what will we really do if death was at the doorstep?

one of those things that make u look back and look at life in a summarised version.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

MD:

Thanks for the compliment about the post. :o)

And yes, it was one of those movies which besides everything you laugh out loud through it makes you reflect back on what have you done throughout your lifetime.

I would recommend everyone watch this movie.

Definitely a family orientated movie.

Nostalgia said...

right,very inspiring post:)