Saturday, April 01, 2006

Patience is a virtue

Patience has never been one of my virtues. I have always wanted from the day I was a toddler to have what I want; in a sense to own everything that I ever liked. You name it, I had it. DVDs, game consoles, and other stuff that no other parent would ever think of giving their children - ever.

So, in an indirect way I am admitting that I am one pampered guy whose had everything my heart desires. And now that I am facing the world on my own without any help I am now trying to make things more difficult on myself to better cope with realities that I will further have to deal with when I grow older when there's no one at all around me that would offer help.

I am trying to learn patience in a very weird way in everything. And I am hoping that this would work especially for my writing career.

I know I can do it and I know that one day it may backfire on me and if so, then I will only be more strict on what I must and musn't do in my current period of life.

I've learned my weakness - now to deal with it.

5 comments:

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Ella: If you try really hard, you will gain all the PATIENCE you need to overcome whatever obstacles life hands at you

Nostalgia said...

its actually very hard to first of all point out what your weakness is and then try to overcome it.thts a good thing u are doing it.Its really hard to change but,it often becomes our necessity to do it.Well best of luck!!:)

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Sara:

I actually believe that knowing your weakness is the easiest part of solving your problems. The hard part comes when you want to actually solve the weak point

flamin said...

i was just going to say that. realization of ur weakness is the most difficult part. everything else after that is mainly adapting and getting used to it. bas al7mdilla you see it and inshallah u'll see a positive change in urself soon :)))

damn boy, u update fast. i return today and i feel like i haven't visited u in a week ;)

Sleepless In Muscat said...

MD:

lol....

who you calling boy, girl? ;p

and i update every day with at least 2 or 3 posts..