Monday, April 10, 2006

Truth

I wonder through my mind and think
I wonder if there is some sort of way out of all this

I see you smile almost everyday
I see you flying with happiness, so tremendously
I see you when you talk and listen to your friends
And yet, you forget, that it is I, who is for your heart, awaiting

I walk the path of a different Rome
I walk and walk and ask myself where it is I should go
I walk along and see this innocent child
He has a tear in his eye
I ask him, of the tears; why?
He replied with sadness and pain
He said he had lived to live only to see his wedding day
To see his Angel live high above in the clouds
To see her smile so majestically with her wings spread about

Silence in the streets
Silence are the unspoken words that catch the fragrance of deceit
Silence of unspoken truth
Silence in the meadows that no longer - a heart so passionate - soothe

Crooked and long
Are the streets lain
A hand on the wall
Another on my chest from heart achening pain

Now that I have seen the pain
And know what not to do
Howcome is it
That you push away from this truth?

7 comments:

MJ said...

To comment or not to comment, that's the question.

"Life is a voice that calls by the deceiver's accent, at ease one day and burning with rage on another."

You just need to know what to do with that. Have faith because you can do it!

Write on Ali!

Sleepless In Muscat said...

MJ:

Thanks MJ..

I will keep your quote in mind

Arabized said...

so have you compiled all these poems together?

again BRAVO ali.

It turns out, i can kinda write haiku's (can that be plural?).

-pats self on back-
:P

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Arabized:

lol ;op

thanks!

and i don't think writing poetry is a skill that is limited to those who only have the talent (as you say about me) but to those who can also learn it...

*gives her a golden wrapped galaxy bar*

well done!

Arabized said...

yay! candy!! -feels like charlie and the chocolate factory, with golen galaxy bar-

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Arabized:

I hate Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

However, I do love Galaxy chocolate bars. And Coca Cola..

;p

Arabized said...

COCA COLA?!

pepsi all the wayyyyy