Saturday, July 22, 2006

3290 BT OMAN

Is the world going backwards these days?

Things seem to be taking the wrong turn more and more and wrongful acts of nature are forcefully surfacing to the point one would think that Judgement Day is more nearer than ever presumed.

The other day, as I was driving on my way to Seeb I am being forced into the middle lane by a 4x4 because this man had a family were on a rush to get to City Centre and whilst complaining about it, the man attempts to run me over in my small saloon still not liking my complaint.

My blood was rushing at that stage and I had to calm down or I could have died there and then because I had too much to focus on (i.e.: the busy highway). I hadn't called in the license plate to the Police because I thought it wasn't worth it at the time - by the time I had calmed down.

But now I am putting it as a header for this post so that it would get told over and over again that the man who was driving a 4x4 by the license plate number you see in the header of this post is not only a reckless driver because he was over the speed limit by more than 40-60 kmph in a 120kmph zone, but was also endagering several family members and other road vehicles and their drivers by attempting to crash in to my car.

This is just one of the incidents I cannot emphasize much more on due to the fact that there are people who think they are above the law and that things should go their way or no way at all.

I am just glad to come out of it alive.

9 comments:

flamin said...

assholes. i hate people who drive recklessly with families. it's so sad to hear of little kids dying grrrr. well, i know that it's not good to drive recklessly but when the messed-up driver endangers someone else's life, it's just unacceptable. he can go kill himself and jump off a cliff.

3anooda said...

its crazy how some people drive in this country. Oman now has the 2nd most dangerous roads in the world with almost 900 deaths from road accidents during last year alone. thats A LOT.

exactly what is a father thinking when he is driving on a highway SPEEDING with a toddler in his lap and a 4 year old standing on the back seat between the 2 front seats??

Sleepless In Muscat said...

MD: yes they are. And what I can't understand 'til now is what I did wrong in the whole incident...??

3anooda:

Oman has the HIGHEST road accident rates in the world with the USA in the 2nd and Saudi Arabia 3rd and after which follows the UAE.

just thought I would correct your information.

;o)

Degoat said...

LoL.. the guy is gonna hate you if he ever reads this...

G

Sleepless In Muscat said...

DeGoat:

He deserves it after what he did yesterday he should be in jail ...

3anooda said...

there u go. my picture was a bit rosier.

come on people!! why the reckless driving?? whats more important?? ur life or that meeting??!

Sleepless In Muscat said...

3anooda:

what meeting???

he was on his way to city centre...WITH HIS FAMILY!

Anonymous said...

Lets see what ROP thinks of you publishing such informations....

Sleepless In Muscat said...

anonymous if i catch you saying foul words on my blog then it's back to the old drawing board - moderating comments..