Saturday, July 08, 2006

realizations of a 'pessimist'

People have always thought about tomorrow being full of chances. Full of opportunities. Full of many wonderful things to happen. So many desires to achieve.

But if I come along and sputter the word 'fate' at them they then spit in my face the word 'pessimistic'. Is it pessimistic to think of what COULD happen in turns of the good and the bad? Is it pessimism to allow one's self desires to take them into the clouds of dulision only to be faced by reality?

I long to be a realist ever since I knew that the many things that I had aspired are never going to happen unless I work at them.

Now you tell me..

Is that pessimism?

4 comments:

Luisa said...

Negative realism ?

Sleepless In Muscat said...

PizzaQueen:

I don't see what's wrong with the term...

its like I said; how people differ with their perspectives..

flamin said...

i think that a balance is essential. it's alright to be slightly pessimistic because that helps u in being realistic. but too much pessimism kills.

just remember, whethere postive or negative...whatever happens, will happen. dont let the negativity strangle u.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

MD:

I am so beyond the strangeling point now..