Sunday, July 16, 2006

ironically profound

Was it that long ago?

I am 28 years old and everything (well, almost everything) that any 'child' or teenager is doing these days amongst themselves and amongst other adults, be they their parents, brothers, sisters and such other people within their family circle, is so different than what we used to do back in our days?

There were days when I used to laugh at the words that our parents would say 'back in our days..' because I knew that those days may never come back. Except we have had our own ways, our own days and here we are repeating the very same words to those who are younger than us.

That is profoundly ironic, I have to say.

4 comments:

Abdullah Al-Bahrani said...

Thats funny, I do feel the same way. Whats really bad is seeing 12th graders and how little they are. I remember when I graduated from Highschool, I thought I knew everything and that I can compete in the real world with the adults. LOl, looking back at it, I must have been a little Turd.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Per Your Request:

well I wouldn't look at it that way. But how we look upon the new generation is based on how well we looked in the eye's of the older generation, is it not?

Abdullah Al-Bahrani said...

It’s a normal part of teenage life to believe that you know everything, it’s the reason the teen age phase can be so dangerous for parents. It’s at that phase that peer pressure works best, and a parent can "lose" their child during this time.
Yes, I only figured this out after my teenage years. That’s why I find humor in that phase; eventually you realize that you really don’t know much.
I’m sure the generation before me looked at me the same way. I wouldn’t be so hard on myself; its ok to know the phases of human development, there is humor, pros and cons in each phase. The sooner we admit them the easier it will be to tackle the issues.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Per Your Request:

I couldn't have agreed with you more, my friend. Couldn't have agreed with you more..