Friday, March 09, 2007

murdered

I made the choices that brought me to where I am today. I am just as responsible as the circumstances around me because of the decisions that I made that got me to where I am now.

But does that mean that I am to be struck everytime I see someone else having a good time of their lives? Does that mean that I can no longer live the life that I long to live? Is this the way that I will always be?

I realize that there are struggles in life that you must go through to prove that you are not only worthy of who you are and who you want to be but does that mean that I have no moment's rest and live in the torture?

I chose. I get that.

I made the decisions. I get that, too.

But, God - dear, God - have mercy on me with the consequences.

6 comments:

Alex said...

:)

Whatever situation we are in, we always have a choice; to do what we feel is right. But again it is up to us.

Life always has a brighter side to it.

Anonymous said...

Maybe a 'good time' doesn't really exist Ali? Maybe this life was created not to give those in it happiness or relief.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

alex:

life only has a brighter side depending on your perception and how the circumstances that surround you affect your mood.

And that's the truth.

Anonymous:

If you're trying to be sarcastic then I think your attempt has failed. Otherwise, I require your elaboration on the comment you passed please.

Alex said...

I agree completely. It depends on ones' perception.

Anonymous said...

There is a lot of truth in what you wrote in your post. It really speaks to so many of us who have been in similar situation. Really enjoy your blog! Keep it up! :)

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Sarah:

I only write the truth as I see it.

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Do come back and visit my blog.