Sunday, March 11, 2007

the rebel within

There's nothing for me to cry about. There's only life all around me. All I should be focusing on is the light that will guide me to where I should take the path that will fly me up high.

I should be focusing on the good things and not the bad. Not the dark but the light. Not the inevitable but the hopeful. To where there's a dead end there would be a million other open doors.

After all isn't that what God has in store for us?

My life wouldn't be the life if I hadn't been a bit depressed between now and then. Otherwise you can't call it a life, can you?

The choice between happiness and sadness has been given and handed down to me. I just have to reach out to it and want it from the bottom of my heart.

The real treasure of this world is not monetary nor is it emotional.

It's facing the truth that God knows whats best for you no matter how good things may be or how bad things may get.

I now awaken the rebellious soul within me.

6 comments:

Amna_a said...

That's exactly right.

Once the rebel inside is free, you can be free and you can feel happy.

By the way, if you're looking for a good read, I recommend Paulo Coelho's the Zahir.

I just started it, it seems really interesting.

Anonymous said...

I am now in Dubai, just landed with Oman Air.

Just wanted to let you know, and tell you that you are a good writer, I really think so.

You know:
'You have to have bad things, if it were just to be able to distinguish them from the good.'

Damn, I should be a writer as well.
A sarcastic 'ha-ha'.

Bless you, my friend, and keep in touch. You know where to find me on the web;
I'll post my website with my name, only thing: it's in dutch.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

moviemania:

I know, it only seems right that way.

By the way, what's The Zahir all about? I'm curious to know.

Starbucks Rembrandt:

Have a great and safe journey back home friend. I'm sorry I couldn't meet you earlier at the place we agreed at but there will be other times I am very sure of that.

Thank you for your nice words, I appreciate and value them deeply, too.

I've seen your website by the way, its interesting - even if I don't understand the Dutch language. And it portrays your hobby, which is cool. Maybe one day you'll be working at that place, you never know.

:o)

Anonymous said...

I think that it's good for people to hit the bottom. Sometimes it's the only way for us to see the top.
Good to read that you are overcoming your obstacles.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

OmanForLife:

I couldn't agree with you more. It gives you a more realistic view of where you really are and where your stance in life really is so as not to become a person who is envious of others nor to become someone snobby or posh-like.

Anonymous said...

So, unbelievably true.