Monday, November 21, 2005

Betrayed: The Answer

This poem is an answer to Allured's poem # 58. I hope she and of course, all of you, like it.

You would have to read hers, first, though.

----

Was it something I said?
Or rather something you wanted me to say?
If you felt the cold sting of betrayl
My soul was agonized with pain

I couldn't help myself
But pull myself away from you
The asnwer I still look for
In this environment of solitude

I cherish the times
That we had
The feelings we both shared
And how much I made you glad

But if I was at fault
Then so were you
We both played a part
In the sequence of events that brought us to this sour truth

I wish I could take it all back
So we could always start all over again
But it seems you made up your mind
Never to cross this path for as long as you are sain

2 comments:

Tia said...

very nice! its actually better than mine.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

jawaher: up to you if you don't want to tell me..

Allured: really? i finished it and then published it on the blog and then thought several times of deleting it..

i think yours was a lot better because yours had much more emotion into it..

but thanks ...!