Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Book

Folks at Starbucks and their head office have not come back to me regarding promoting my book Wonderous World in their coffeeshops. Too bad. They have missed a chance the way I see it.

Now I'm going to push forward my plan to put it in almost every bookshop that sells decent books here in Oman such as the The Family Bookshop & The Turtle's Bookshop. Details will be given later as to when it will be commercially available. In the meanwhile, there are still free copies if you so wish to grab yourself one, just email me about it at pennedthoughts@gmail.com .

I will also try to convince the bookshops to try and include my two books in the upcoming bookfair next year in the Omani International Exhibition Centre, on March, 2006. I'll see what Amazon.com say if I were to offer to sell my books through them.

The initial book price for the 2nd book is going to be 2 Omani Rials. There is also a chance some of the proceedings will go to charity, hopefully.

Negotiations are also in near end with Omanforum.com to advertise for the book, too.

There will be book reviews, prior to the release and probably a signing session and press release too from our beloved local media (radio, newspapers, etc.).

Please contact me if you have any queries regarding this issue, no matter how big or small it is. And if you live outside of Oman, please contact me and I will try my level best to send the book to you, where-ever you may be, free of charge.

*tingling feeling, innit?*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd like a copy...how do we go about this then?

Sleepless In Muscat said...

wardat_il'7leej: you have several choices..

if you want, i can deliver it to you personally (along with the 1st book). or if you'd rather not do that, you could send me your P.O. Box # to my email address (i.e.: pennedthoughts@gmail.com) and i could send them to you there. or you could wait until the book is available in the bookshops and buy it from there.

note: the first two options enable you to get the book(s) for free, by the way..

Sleepless In Muscat said...

lol..

yeah..ok...you'll get your free copy just as long as you come up to me as soon as possible and tell me where i can deliver to you or through what method..

remember: my free copies are limited..