Saturday, November 05, 2005

You only live life once..



My everyday purpose now is to live and live by everyday.

My new motto has somehow become or turned to become 'Live your life. You only live once'. After all, you only get your chances once in a lifetime. So you have try everything otherwise you will never what could have happened if you never tried and end up sulking of the what if's. Right?

Of course, you leave everything to a certain limit. Like, for example, you don't say, ok, then, I'll go and jump off a cliff. Because that would be shere suicide.

No, I'm talking about on chances that could possitvely make your life worthwhile. You feel the rush? Go for it. Don't just stand there thinking of what could happen and what if goes wrong. You'll end up kicking yourself on why, what, where, who, and the big w-h-y. Believe me.

I know, because I have been there. Doesn't neccesarily mean that I am at a different place right now, either. I was at starbucks, but I didn't stay there much, because I wanted to go around and see what else is there to be seen. True that nothing did. But at least it was an experience.

When Eid was at the doors, I was up all night. I couldn't sleep. I was so happy the night before, that I only slept the next day aroudn 4:30pm - 5pm. I felt so hyper. And for the first time in several years, I went for my Eid prayers with my dad. And when I went to the mosque at the Muttrah Corniche, I had laid my eyes on the many changes that had happened to the place. The streets had all been changed. The mosque from the inside had a nice presence on my heart. And I couldn't help myself from smiling and looking at everyone's face who came in for this great celebration - the Eid prayers.

I'm not asking you to stay up all night.

I'm not asking you to drive like a maniac, either.

All I'm asking is that..

.. You always look to the brighter side of things - always keep your chin up high.

Not too high. You'd wanna know where you're exactly heading. ;o)

1 comments:

Nash said...

Good post. A little smile can take us a long way :))

Its nice to see ppl all dressed up for Eid, there is an air of joy and happiness all around us.