Thursday, November 24, 2005

Not just flesh and bones..

Here's something I very much despise. And I even ashamed that my sex (mostly) thinks this way here in Oman.

The general view of men here in Oman is that they want to get laid. Their thinking is far too superficial for me. And yes, I am saying it because I believe it is an attitude that has reached it's high time for change. And I know it won't be easy. But it's not impossible.

Why is it so hard for men to look at women in a more bigger perspective? I swear if they ever find a woman around somewhere, their eyes would google, their mouths would drool and their privates would scream of agony.

This is what I hear mostly from men around me; 'Man, look at that [censored]' or even moreso ever rude and crude, useless humor which only shows that men don't use that pee-wee- herman size of a brain.

Not once have I heard of a man complimenting a woman for her intelligence rather than her beauty, or her classy behavior rather than how she makes a man go insane just by her looks and how God has given her all that 'talent'.

Women are just like men. And I for one, demand some respect in both sexes. Women aren't just flesh and bones, they have feelings, too. They have the intelligence that God has given to man and women alike. They also have an equal opportunity in the society.

It's such a shame that Omani men can't hold themselves from being complete morons.

3 comments:

change destiny said...

Tell me about it . That's the main reason i left . I know i'm not Angelina Jolie but men in Oman didn't seem to care much about that . Staring is more of a habit there . It seems to me that the society there accepted that habit that it became the normal . Omany men should start finding out the fact that we are all humans . That women are not another mean of amusement . WE DO HAVE BRAINS .
But i guess it's partially women's fault . See , i believe that when an intelligent lady wants to prove herself ,she does . You'd be amazed how effective logically proving a point could be when it comes to gaining people's respect .
Well , God bless us all and guide us all the way .

One Nine Seven One said...

I worked with a couple of Omani women a couple years back for roughly 3 months and I have to say I was very impressed with them. Not only were they very attractive (and believe me, i dont give compliments about looks easily) but they were very intelligent , strong in personality and independant aswell.

But I guess when they are out in public, many single men seeing them in their full abaya, would just view them as just another piece of a** to get into... which is very sad.

Being dawgs is not just an Omani thing, coz you'll find this bad attitute of men everywhere.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

change destiny: believe me, i've been beaten up logically by so many women fact after fact after fact proving to me that they DO have the brains and not JUST the looks to go with it.

God will bless us, but only if we work to that purpose, respecting either gender.

jawaher: i thought in saudi arabia they are more strict with that kind of behavior and since they have their own 'jama3at al amr bil ma3roof wal nahy 3an el munkar' and their strict shar3iya based punishments that it would exist to a minimum?

nomaadic: i'm with you 150% on that man. totally. and what bugs is the fact that its getting worse and not better.