Saturday, November 26, 2005

Fate, Destiny And A Hot Cup of Cocoa

Boy would I love a hot cup of cocoa right now. When I was younger I would never touch tea or coffee (mind you, I still don't touch coffee - hate the stuff) but guzzled down so much cocoa he he he. I loved it. It was 2nd best to my all time favorite drink of all - coca cola.

But look where I am now.

I am 27. At an age whereby had I made the right choices in my life back then I would have been a much better person with a completely different past experience.

And that's what this post is all about. The choices we make in our lifetime.

I mean look at it this way; fate is all predestined for us. Or is it? Do we have a hand in it at all? Do we have the right to change it to our desire? And if not, then why are we here after all if not to learn the mistakes we made from our choices?

The choices we make make us who we are and how we would shape ourselves in the future. That being said, this would only mean that we are actually shaping our future which we don't know of and how we are going to live and become in the next few decades of our lives.

But as such, some of our choices are made unconciously but still have an effect on the future and how it is shaped. Or isn't that the whole idea?

And since the Almighty already knows our choices & how, when, and why we will make them, then our opinions are pretty much spoken for. For whose to object to the Creator?

This all leads down to one single issue; is our life truly in our hands to make of as we please? Or is it game, set and match?

Every choice we take in our future minutes has a waterfall (or rather a butterfly) effect on the events that come later on whether sooner or later. And that, in turn, surfaces a new ground to prowl upon the varations that we must choose furtheronto.

So why are we doing this in the first place, then?

Relegiously, mankind was brought down to Earth after Adam (PBUH) and Eve took something from the forbidden tree that God had prohibited them from nearing after Satan had lured them into his dirty trick for which they paid dearly.

Logically, though, there are many theories that go on about why we are living as we are in this inevitablly doomed-to-be world of ours. Some go on about how God wants to prove that mankind is a special being amongst Angels and Demons as to how he is given the choice and free will to do what he wants by using his general knowledge unlike the Angels and Demons who are bound by the knowledge that God has empowered them to have. Another theory that goes on is that is all to do with Armageddon and how God will punish those with His fury from disobeying Him by ignighting the world universally in flames.

This matter is still in debate.

But rest assured, no matter what line you take, there will be reprucussions. And there will be consequences to every note and vote we take.

If I ever go to Heaven in the afterlife, my first question to God would be 'why?'

2 comments:

One Nine Seven One said...

Nice..

Unfortunately I cant give any clear answer to this question but lets look at this way from a logical perspective.

If you believe Allah is the master of creation , then what does that mean? Every other single thing in existence is a part of creation including space and TIME.

Allah cannot be subject to 'time' or the effects of it because it is something he created... ya3ny he exists outside of time.

If he created time and thus understands everything that happens in it from start to finish then he is going to already know what all our actions are going to be from A to Z...

From our prespective this all adds up to predestination ...but i usually have a trouble with this translation of the word قدر as 'predestination' as I dont think it means quiet the same thing.

Anyway human beings exist within creation (time and space) and from our perspective we have free will, and we should view our existance as such, but Allah who knows everything and has a prefered plan for how he wants things to go is going to understand better.

I can go further...but its just going to sound like an endless repeat of what I have already said and plus my head is beginning to hurt thinking about it and I can see me digging myself into a hole of confusing logic with my argument, the more I think about the consequences of what I am saying.

So Khalas :-)

Just view life as a gift and a lesson for us to learn from whether we are in control or not
:-)

Sleepless In Muscat said...

I can see where you're going with the arguement nomaadic..

but believe me when i say that its not just that that would come into mind when you think of the whole concept..do you find me to be wrong?