Saturday, June 02, 2007

public service announcement

I have just been informed that the Sultan Qaboos University, Horizon newsletter will only be published once a month during the summer period.

This is mainly due the wide vacation period that both the students and the faculty within the University uptake for their annual leaves from studying. This would mean that there would be a dramatic decrease in the number of readers to any of the University's internal newsletters.

So, I take this opportunity also to my advantage by publishing my own stories that would also include matters of importance in my perspective for your enjoyment on the same dates you would see my actual articles.

I thought you should all be aware of this temporary stand in the situation.

Cheers..

2 comments:

Amjad said...

When they publish your writings, do they mention your name?

'cause I checked last issue of the Horizon and was looking for your article. I couldn't find your name, but there was an article in the first page with no name.

So I said maybe they publish your writings without mentioning your name.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Amjad:

That's a good point you made. Most of my articles for the Horizon newsletter are carried as 'forewords' to the editions.

And yes - they do get published without my name.