Sunday, October 22, 2006

Eid anticipation

Some will remember this day as the last day they will fast.

Others will remember this as the day that they said goodbye until another year of goodwill, peace and spiritual tranquility. Something that they will probably never face in their entire lifetime and perhaps even emotional equilibruim.

The sun is over the horizon and people are running off to home not to break their fast. Children leave their milkshakes and little toys. Everyone is glued to their local channels.

Silence is amongst the streets.

No music can be heard.

The streets are dead until such a loud sound breaks out.

The sound of the sunset prayers..

A few minutes later on.. after everyone has broken their fast..

It's announced on the local television channel.

12 comments:

. said...

Happy Eid to you. :)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and family a very Happy Eid - may Allah bless you with "eemaan", happiness, tranquility and peace, not only on this occasion but also at all other times in our lives.

I won't be in Muscat this Eid but hopefully on Eid Al-Adha

AAA

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

I am sad ramadan is gone...but et excited and happy about Eid.

Eid sa3eed ya sleepless ali!

Sleepless In Muscat said...

x~nezitiC:

thank you.. same to you

Abeer:

are you the one with all those anonymous comments? :oS

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira:

Eid sa3eed to you too! how about we have a blog for eid too? ;oP

Anonymous said...

I don't believe in using nick names or anonymous :). I usually use my initials AAA or real name.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

AAA:

fair enough..

but do you realize you have gotten this far and still not said your eid greetings?

are you usually this cold with people you don't know at all?

Anonymous said...

I did greet you. Are you using your sarcasm now :P

Again, Happy Eid :)

Sleepless In Muscat said...

AAA:

Happy Eid to you, too.

Maybe next time we decide to have a conversation we'll do it like normal people.

Anonymous said...

I wish I can define "normal" and be one.
Have a great night

Sleepless In Muscat said...

in normal terms; people who are normal have conversations in normal cyber convential ways by emailing one another or talking through a internet messenger program.

that is what I meant by normal.

no hints intended.

goodnight

Anonymous said...

God, my IQ is going down, I didn't get that!
Thanks

Sleepless In Muscat said...

AAA:

I'll say..

if you didn't understand what I meant; then what I meant is that the next time you want to be normal on the internet have a conversation on MSN internet messenger or Google Talk (if you have either clients installed on your PC/laptop).

Otherwise, if you meant something else - please do clarify. And if at all possible; through my email as we've taken up enough blog space as it is for the entire world to see.