Thursday, October 05, 2006

Never Giving Up


Giving up isn't an easy thing to do. And if you look at it, there is a good way and a bad way of perceiving the results thereafter.

Sure there's the pain of dealing with everything, mentally and emotionally. I had learned that the moment I got out of the hospital. The day when I just gave in to everything. Succumbed. Surrendered everything to the Almighty.

But the details behind that event happening aren't as important as the lesson behind the whole incident. Being which that there are things in life you should give up to be happy. And there are, of course, things that you have give up because, well.. you just have to.. because they are out of your reach and just trying again and again and again is a painful, stressful, and very heart-aching process that you put yourself through; one which you would rather be off with.

And if you look at it this way - that you're giving up the one thing that makes you happy in order to be happy - then you're ultimately pushing yourself in the right direction. Making the right decision, if you will. That you're putting the past behind your back and starting anew.

And that is just what I did.

I started taking everything with a very positive attitude. Whatever it was. For example, my tooth broke today, and normally I get very aggravated at such a situation. But I just laughed it off. Like I was on laughing gas or something. OK. Maybe that wasn't such a great example. But you all get the point. That I am out there with ... with a newly born personality. One that is unwilling to give up on the slightest slimmest glimpse of hope. Simply because it is there. Just waiting for you to grasp it with all your might and make the best of it.

I am unwilling to give up on hope on anything right now - or ever.

2 comments:

IntI said...

Intersting post : )
How ur tooth broke up?! salamat

Sleepless In Muscat said...

thank you..

i broke it eating something hard :op