Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday: the 3rd visit


This week seems like it has gone on so fast that I never noticed that it was a Friday until last night (Thursday night). And it has been a really great week, too. I'm hoping that the next week and the weeks to come after this would be just the same if not better.

We got to the Friday prayers today a bit late into the first lecture but in all honesty, I felt really calm the minute I heard the Imam's voice. It was nice, soothing, and the topic was even more interesting; Lailat Al Qadr.

Since I had missed the important parts, I didn't get a chance to know what are the ways to properly pray for forgiveness on that special night. Although there was a mention that it was preferred to study the Qur'an and pray until dawn on the 23rd of Ramadhan because it holds some significance. If someone out there knows what that specific significance would be, please let me know here.

There was also a mention about someone called Sahib Al Zaman. Now, you'll have to forgive me, because I don't recall the names of all the Prophets but I do however remember that there is no mention of such a name. Unless it is a nickname like Abu Baker Al Sadeeq. Would someone clarify this piece of information on that person, please?

Setting aside that serious tone in this post, I also saw this little boy, who could be probably not much older than 4 or 5 years old and he was attempting to pray alongside his father. The cute thing about it was that he was doing everything wrong in such an innocent manner. That really made my day. It made me smile like a freak the whole time we were in the mosque. Which reminds me that I forgot to take a picture of the mosque from the outside to post it here. No one reminded me. Oh, well.

Today was by far the best beginning of all my days. I feel really happy.

Until next week..

4 comments:

IntI said...

I never heard of such name, it might b a nick name,
none can know exactly when it(lailat el qadar) will b, i used 2 heard 27th, every1 cm wid his own date, itz not right 2 say sumthing u dunno.
I read in da net, dat in dat night there will b cold smooth breeze, no strong wind. n sumtimes it might rain. ya3ni all good signs u can sense 'em.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

bluewaves:

thanks for your answer but I got the answer.

Saheb Al Zaman is the Imam Mehdi who the Shi3ets are waiting for to appear to lead the Muslims to victory as they believe he is still alive from old times until now but in hiding waiting for the right moment. And yes, it is a nickname of a sort.

As for Lailat Al Qadr, no one knows for sure that much I can agree on, but we can work towards praying for forgiveness on every one of those nights, and inshallah Allah would grant us that delightful experience in spirituality.

IntI said...

commenting on da 1st part; do u believe such thing?! coz it wasnt mention in quran.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

yes i do