Sunday, October 29, 2006

winter..

What's to be said about winter except for the fact that it's my most favorite season of all?

Not because here in Oman we have over nine months of hot, and often humid sunshine weather. Nor because it is the time we have a breath of fresh air sent our way because of the Indian subcontinent's monsoon season. But because it is truly a season to inspire and be inspired to do almost anything that could come up on your mind.

Although I am a summer child, I love the winter. It makes me feel loved and relaxed. I had read somewhere in a published article in an Arabic newspaper that experts say this is due to the influence that the season has on us - human kind - as to how it makes us feel relaxed, loved especially those who still remain in the 'singles' category.

I remember a lot of times when I used to just walk around in the winter times and allow myself to be gushed down by the pouring rain. Just getting soaked. It makes me feel somehow alive. Especially that time back in the late '90s when it poured cats, dogs, frogs and camels. The whole Muscat area was flooded. It was spectacular. It hadn't rained or poured down like that ever before nor afterwards.

Those were the time where we would go off to the beach at the climax of such weather.

Ah. Those were the days, I swear.

"Those were the days my friend
I thought they'd never end.
"

0 comments: