Thursday, April 05, 2007

inspired: Lie of our Life

I wrote this poem after reading a few pages from Kahlil Gibran's collection of books into one.

Please let me know what you all think of this particular one.
----------------

The choices we are given
The lives we make
The noblest of measures
The tides we break

The choice of life
The wondering breeze
The tree we were shook from
The dying leaves

The sunshine in the sky
The sky; the air
The days we lie
The past we forget

The forgotten rose
Of salty soil
Of ideas we make
And battles emboiled

The risk to be found
The security we seek
The process we search for
In darkness, so bleak

The light of the wind
The gust of the air
The chances, so slim
In passion, we are flared

The curtain closes down
The actors go home
To another new day
We dream - to which - we belong

This is the lie of our life

4 comments:

Amna_a said...

Great poem.. very well written, I especially like the last few parts..

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Thank you for your kind words. But why exactly did you like them or it?

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Gibran does that to you. I have written many poems after reading his works.

I reckon this is one of your top poems! Well done, mashallah.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

All this because I read Kahlil Gibran?

lol

I'd better get cracking at more books then.

:P