Monday, April 16, 2007

TimesofOman.com: Life is what you make of it

Below is this week's new article that you can find on the TimesofOman.com's online website.

Hope you all enjoy it.

------------------------------

Life is What You Make of it

Have you ever thought about what life is truly all about?

I have had my times in the past when I used to think about it all the time but now I couldn't care less – something that I will explain as to why later on. But, focusing on the point of what life really is all about; we should be asking ourselves one very important question – what do we really want to achieve in our life?

It is in my experience that should you want to understand what life is all about you must identify the way you wish to take down that long unpaved road to where your future may lie. Some people associate life is their career, relationship or perhaps their continued course of higher-education to obtain a better position in the job of their dreams. Whatever it may be, that would the one thing that would show you what your life is about in your perspective.

Forget about the scholars, the people who you read quotes about and the such. They are there for one reason and one reason only; to inspire. But the real originality in coming up with a true goal of life lies within your very soul. The passion that drives you to become who you want to be.

Take me for instance; I want to become a writer. I would like to become a writer and while I know that that goal is unachievable unless I develop the skill day after day without stopping for one minute; one hour; or one day from the habit of taking a pen and just jotting down what I feel, think and see. As far as I recall, I read from the Internet a quote by someone – who, for the life of me I cannot come to remember their good name, for some reason – saying in a matter of speaking that to become a writer you must ask yourself are you doing it for fame. For love? For glory? For recognition? Because none of those matter in this field because when you are writing, you are writing because there is a passion inside of you that pleads you to let it out. To let out the pain and the sweetness of the emotions that erupt inside of you. And to write for any other purpose is just sheer hypocrisy.

You see, the way I see it is that when you know what you really want to become or achieve in your life you will then understand what life is all about. Something, which some people in this world take a whole lifetime just to understand. Whilst others figure in a small matter of time. Others may never come to know what their true calling is and end up being at a loss

And believe me that no matter what that decision is that you make, it will always be the 'right decision' because – simply – it came from within your heart. And whatever your heart chooses, it chooses because it wants that particular thing. And if you are really attached to it, then your mind will help you along the way.

So the conclusion?

Life is just what you make of it.

-------------------

Link:

- TimesofOman.com: Life is what you make of it



4 comments:

Omani Jewel said...

did u write that.... it was very nice... life if what u make it to be and i belive that inner happiness is the fuel for true happiness ......

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Yes I did, as a matter of fact.

And I couldn't agree more with what you said back there about how 'inner happiness is the fuel for true happiness' for without it, we would probably be at a loss

Omani Jewel said...

ahh hehhe u should always agree with a spoilt queen .. thank u ..;)

Sleepless In Muscat said...

errmmm.. ok

:o)