Monday, October 17, 2005

A happy fortunate accident

I have a great nack with wires and techno stuff..lol

Sometimes I amaze myself..and I am not bragging about it.

Before I had gone off to Malaysia I had my room repainted and recarpeted with wooden tiles plus new curtains. It looks seriously relaxing (write that down! he he he).

So, anyway, getting more to the point of this post, we obviously had to move the furniture out of the room to allow the people to work and install the things properly. So, naturally, the wires for my TV, DVD player, PS2 and Game Cube all got mixed up in a jumble not to mention the antenna for the digital reciever.

So what did clever little me (little - did you hear that? - little! ha ha ha boy do I crack myself up or what?) do? I figured out which one's which - without an instruction booklet - and managed to get everything back into their rightful 'hole'.

This isn't the first time it's happened. Everytime a member of the family has a problem with their mobile phone or a certain question or concern about technical stuff - they come to me. They don't call me techno-freak for nothing, know. Just kidding about that last phrase. They don't actually.

I wish I knew more. But I tried out my luck when I started going to University before my College here in Oman. I tried to take up computer science. Unfortunately for me, not only was I homesick, but I was also being taught the course in the English language while our exams, essays, and study books were all in the Arabic language. Imagine the confusion. So I head back here to Oman and started all over.

I wouldn't I regret that that had happened to me. Actually, I would call it a happy fortunate accident that put me on sort of the right track.

After all; look where I am today..

0 comments: