Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Ramadhan Happenings

Well tomorrow has been anounced as the first day of Ramadhan. May we all be blessed by it and hope God would forgive all our past and current sins, inshallah.

I had been waiting for Ramadhan so that I would be able to fast and I was hoping that I would be able to, but my doctor has said that I won't be allowed to because I take day-to-day injections and need medicine just as much as I need to eat three meals a day. That's a total bummer.

But I am all hopes that next year I would be able to fast, inshallah. But this Ramadhan I will be joining a group of bloggers who will attempt to finish the Holy Qur'an during the holy month. I'm hoping it will have a positive affect on me, inshallah in many various ways. If you're interested in joining the group just click the button on the side bar titled 'we're reading. are you?'

Another thing that has just started with this month of forgiveness is the sight of adverts in the newspapers, magazines and gazettes on special offers from buffet extravaganzas to free minutes with your mobile operator. This completely ridicilous.

There should be a law against this type of advertisement that prohibits the use of Ramadhan as an advantage to get such offers and actually encouraging people to do the very things that we should be trying to contain ourselves from attempting.

Not that it affects me since I won't be fasting but what about the other 3 million people of Oman?

0 comments: