Monday, October 10, 2005

Saving is harder than it looks

Here's the short story version:

I called up the printers to know whether they had finished the job with my new book and the reply back was they had still not recieved a call from the Ministry of Information to acknowledge it. Talk about taking your own sweet time.

Then; I call up this college which I was supposed to register at for my Masters, and I was shocked over the phone to hear the news that registration had ceased a long time back and I distinctively remember that there was an advertisement for them in the local newspaper that said it wouldn't be until the 14th of October, 2005. What a bummer.

And since I had already passed out the chance to go with Gulf Air to take up the chance to continue my Masters. I would have to wait until next April (i.e.: 2006) to try my luck in registering, or find myself a part time job until then. Which doesn't have much of a prospect here in Oman.

This makes me seriously depressed..

0 comments: