Sunday, October 02, 2005

thedecision

Over the past few days I have been jumping back and forth on the idea of me having to either do my MBA or get a job at Gulf Air.

And the case presented caused a lot of mental debate within me because on one hand I wanted so badly to have a job so I can start earning my own income instead of being a 27 year old shmuck who still lives at his parents home, taking monthly pocket money for his wage. And I still don't like the idea.

On the other hand, I also wanted to do my MBA so I can further develop my certification qualification from a B.A. (Hons) to an MBA in business administration. And I was already having a bad time with my past experience to stay in my previous jobs because everytime I started one I would fall sick and in the end resign to pursue health assurance. Not a pretty thing at all.

Some of you think that I should pursue the two together. Well, I would, but the thing is that either the MBA or a job would require full comittment from me and having either at the same time would cause an un-needed distraction and my energy to be droughted.

And since an MBA kind of gives you better options at choosing a career in the long term but a job is something that you could get kinda 'married to'. I have come to an important decision.

The pursuit of excellence is not merely a need but rather should be a habit.

That being said; I will be pursuing excellence through obtaining an MBA degree.

Anyone want to slap me?

3 comments:

Nash said...

Good decision, that way you can put more time on MBA. Where do you plan to do it, in Oman or abroad?

Sleepless In Muscat said...

there's a college here in Oman that's delivering the full MBA program in affiliation with the University of Strathlclyde. I plan to take it up there.

I hear its an excellent place to obtain one, plus the fact that its fully supported by the Central Bank of Oman..

Sleepless In Muscat said...

@ DevilishAngel: that's what I plan to do but not in finance. in general business administration.. because that's all that's available right now