Sunday, July 15, 2007

is this for real?


Ever since the launch of the Playstation 3, I have been dying to get my hands on one of them. I was even there when they first launched the console here in Muscat at around 600+ Riyals with one game.

I was really burning up inside because I have heard of all the specs that are in the console and the fact that I had a Playstation 2 and couldn't swap it in for the next-generation console was eating me up.

But I had a surprise waiting for me when I walked into Sabco last night (Saturday) and found out that the price had come down dramatically to an astonishing 230 Omani Riyals. I could still get a deal of two games, an HDMI cable, an extra controller and a memory chip along with the console for 370 Riyals.

I guess if you wait long enough for things, you really do get what you aim for, huh?

10 comments:

Amjad said...

True.

I guess those who bought it for 600 rials when it was released, already knew that the price would go too far down after a couple of months and keep going down.

Wait till December '07 or January '08 and you might get it for 150 rials or so! =p

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Amjad:

Actually, the shop owner offered me 195 Rials after I told him that there was this place that was offering it for 200!

Lol.

If only I told him they were offering it for 130 Rials. :P

Amjad said...

LOOOOL!!!

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Amjad:

;o)

Twister said...

it was only a matter of time really...the list price for the 60Gb version is USD 600 (OMR 231)...

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Twister:

you get me the accesories, the controller, the HDMI cable along with the games and I'll buy the console :P

Twister said...

Sleepless:

I wont quite do that, because the stuff is a fair bit more expensive in Australia...(but i think the HDMI cable would be more expensive in oman due to the scarcity in oman)...

Twister said...

perhaps you should wait for the upcoming 80gb version for the same price (USD 600)...

Meticulousness said...

I'm definitely going for the 80GB kit, I just hope they release more games by then. So far so good though..

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Twister, Meticulousness:

There won't be an 80GB version of the PS3 for Europe and Asia. But there might be a 120GB version.

I guess only time will tell since Sony executives statements have been so conflicting of late.