Friday, July 13, 2007

two weeks

I hate the summer.

I hate the fact that it gets scorching hot outside that you need a mobile air-conditioner just to survive - and you end up saying to yourself that you know how Michael Jackson feels like about his nose melting off. Poor guy.

I am a winter person even though I was born in the summer. I love the cold feeling of air that makes you feel so cold that you want to warm up and snuggle with something or someone. I love the feeling of having rain gushing down on you - except for times like what happened in Gonu.

I enjoy the beach although I don't go there on my own because if I do, I end up feeling lonely walking on my own - aw.

But the fact is that winter time, for some reason or another brings in a reason to contemplate more and warm fuzzy feeling, too. Makes me - most of the time - feel like I am loved.

But summer?

What does summer give you more than just high bills, reason to hate the world even more when you're sweating and throwing out the garbage in the street bin, and eating your nails when you're under a tremendous amount of stress?

Back in the old days when I was younger, I could go for a dip in the sea here at Shatti Qurum, or maybe just play the PDO beach or club facility. But those were the old days.

And here I am, anxious to find an answer to getting rid of the problem that would drop in on me in two weeks time: resuming the insurance course.

God, I hate my life.

4 comments:

Abdullah Al-Bahrani said...

Couldnt agree with your post anymore. This heat is getting to me, and Im in the states. Im ready for fall, and maybe alittle snow as well

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Exactly.

I wish it was winter all year round or even better something like the weather back in Glasgow. A bit dry in the mornings and chilly in the evenings.

Bonfire. Hot cocoa.

Oh man, those were the days.

Now you've gone and done it; Per Your Request. :P

Anonymous said...

i dont quite understand..?

So now you're thinking about dropping the insurance course?

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Anonymous:

That would depend if I can get myself a job before this holiday ends.