Monday, July 09, 2007

pot it, you Potter


I hate all the Harry Potter movies, I swear to God, I do.

I mean, it's all about magic and everything. The first two movies was alright because they were a first but come on. They want to do six or seven movies out of it?

Who in the hell wants to sit through more than 2 hours of total crap about stuff that doesn't even exist - a load of shazam and kazam and what not.

And have you seen the books? Oh my God - the books.

They are thicker than the entire anthology of Shakespeare, that's what they are. Each and every one of them. And what's more annoying is that not only do young children find it facinating, because that's alright with me. But you have people my age and perhaps even older ones that go online booking the early bird edition of the newest book in the series.

I'd rather eat a day's old socks then read that crap.

Anyhow, for your Potter fans out there; Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix arrives in Muscat on July 18th, 2007.

Don't even think about inviting me there.

Where's Usama bin Laden when you need him? (very bad joke)

6 comments:

muscati said...

I thought you were into fantasy. You're into the Prince of Persia games and always raving about them and how they're gonna make a movie out of them. How come you draw the line at Harry Potter?

Sleepless In Muscat said...

I am into fantasy..

Its just that - I dunno - Harry Potter is just too kiddy winky for me than Prince of Persia.

Did I happen to mention that a new Prince of Persia trilogy is going to be announced next week for the PS3?

:D

muscati said...

I think a good story is a good story. They're ageless. Harry Potter is no Lord of the Rings or Star Wars Trilogy, but still it's decent stuff.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

I may hate it - the series. But if I do, that doesn't mean that I would try to influence other people's desire and appeal to such stories.

After all, everyone has their opinion. This post was just mine.

I hope that I didn't make you upset over this issue.

Amna_a said...

Don't knock it till you've tried it! That's exactly what I thought when the hype started, but once you pick up the books you can never put them down.

The movies really aren't that great; they're ok at best.

Listen SIM, just try reading a little bit of the first book. It's not as bad as you think :) and really not kiddy either!

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Moviemania:

I don't know.

I have allergies against long thick books.