Monday, May 21, 2007

the Friday - Saturday holiday

There has been news about some government bodies requesting some industrial and commercial establishments in the Sultanate of Oman to perform a study to see how would such a decision to have to change the current weekend from a Thursday-Friday to a Friday-Saturday end of the week holiday and what kind of advantage it would bring to such establishments in Oman.

It is rumored that such a decision - if applied - would be implemented by 1st January, 2008.

--------------

Link:

- Study to change weekend to Friday & Saturday (in Arabic)

3 comments:

Suburban said...

I think It's a good idea, particularly for companies who deal internationally.

However.... I heard it was going to be implemented Only in the oil and gas sector initally. I think it has to be all or nothing to work effectivly, and to guarentee an actual day off without interruptions from companies who are on the saturday-wednesday week.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

I think it is, too. Simply because it makes perfect sense.

But it seems I have been informed otherwise through an email that had confirmed it is only for the Oil and Gas sector and that the Minister of National Economy had been questioned over the issue, answering in a definite 'no' to the query of whether it would implemented for the entire country - ever.

My question - here - is, though: Why in the HELL not?

NiGhTFaCe said...

Saturday is my day off for now. They will be screwing it for me since everyone will be having it! Damn!!