Sunday, May 13, 2007

Hear Me


I search for you
But you are not there
The hand to ease my sight
From the redness, the glare

I looked for you
For it is you, I seek
The dying soul
Of a man in pain

I wish you just let me catch your sight
I wish you could just open up my eyes
I wish that you would just fill up my life

I am the soul
Of an old man
Of choice do I commit myself
Or options, as if to sand

The sun shines on me
Laughing at my state
I turn to thee
I say within

That I would rather live but die if you are by my side
That I would give the world to should I be the thief that stole your heart
That I would be the long lost soul that you would set upon your deep black eyes

Hear me, for the pain I feel has made me numb
Hear me, for the cold I am frozen by has chilled me to my bones
Hear me, and be my sun

6 comments:

Elagante said...

Sleepless, that was so sad and full of emotions. I loved your wordings,,, Mashallah keep it up and write in Oman magazines la??…

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Elagante:

Thank you for your nice words.

But Omani magazines don't appreciate talent and they seem to hinder the creative process, unfortunately.

Anonymous said...

Out of curiousity, if you were invited to a public arena to read some of your poetry, would you accept? Also, do you write short stories or only poetry?

Sleepless In Muscat said...

OmanforLife:

Yes, I would accept such an invitation. Are you proposing? :P

And I writer short poetic stories along with poetry. But that hasn't happened with me for quite a long time because I am not in the set mood, if you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I probably will once I get the place up and running. I've got a deadline for the fall in my sights, and have had your reading of your poetry on my list of "must haves" for this place.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

intestiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnng

so you're opening up a book store or something like that? Hmm..

well, maybe you should also invite Nasra Al Adawi too.