Friday, May 04, 2007

what people say


I don't know what's worse; teaching yourself the fundamentals of life that you try so hard to get accustomed to or identifying with the fact that you are in yourself a unique individual that no matter what anyone would say or do can ever attempt to change you in anyway they may think is possible.

Some people think they have you all figured out from the start - somewhat like an open book. However, it is those open books that you immerse yourself so deeply into that you would end up with the shock of your life: that there's always a twist of fate within.

I have learned that I should never assume and that if there should ever be something that I don't understand that I would go ahead and ask about it even if it seems a bit too obvious for me (which, again, would be a presumption on my part). Therefore, keeping my thoughts to myself no matter how badly I would like to share them with.

But in the even that I am presumed something else than what is truly in my nature.

So, then, why is it that people around me feel the need to dampen that mood just to fulfill that yearning desire to say what they feel about me, presume what they will about me, and spread the false lies about me, when they don't know me at all?

7 comments:

Abdullah Al-Bahrani said...

People like to hear themselves talk. You just have to let it roll off your shoulder.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

that could possibly be a solution. but when it comes to the point of whereby everyone has nothing to say except its all about you.

thats when it gets really irritating.

Anonymous said...

I believe that you can't let negative people influence your everyday life. Negativity will breed negativity...it's a vicious cycle. Let the small-minded people talk...they tend to have nothing better to do and typically feel very bad about themselves. They feel the need to push people down in order to build themselves up. But it's all in their head when you can not be pushed down with meaningless words. Just feel sorry for their ignorance and sad state of affairs...rise above and way beyond.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

omanforlife:

and what happens if they never stop?

Anonymous said...

You can only feel as bad as you wish. People will do what they want...with or without your consent. It's only up to you on what you do with your acceptance of this. I totally understand what you are writing about. This is an issue in most people's lives here. Unfortunately, there isn't enough for people to concern themselves with that they focus on others for their own amusement. In fact, I find THEM amusing. I don't get caught up in their misery. Why would I want to surround myself (for too long when I can help it) with small-minded individuals? I feel that they kill my brain cells when they are in my vacinity. haha. Keep yourself positive (always)...and keep your contact with those "others" as light as possible.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

omanforlife:

that's what I keep trying to tell myself. But there's only so much that you can take of their nuisance that you just blow up in their faces one day.

Sleepless In Muscat said...

which is what I have begun to do..

i guess if people can't accept who you are then they're just not worth the agony..right?