Thursday, May 10, 2007

reality

At College, I've been struggling to strike a balance between my studies, my articles, my poetry writing and the on & off friendships.

But something isn't adding up.

I should know better than to be down over something that isn't even serious than a comet coming through our roof, but to be honest, I am finding it hard in making a communication there. I know I am older than any student at the College - during the morning time - by at least 10 years, but all I find is young children around me. And that's not the jist of it. I would know someone for say, a week or two then we would quarrel and end up not talking because we don't see eye-to-eye. Howcome it's like this. I know plenty of others who are just as old as they are and we see each other on daily basis and nothing's wrong on that end. Is it me or what?

Studies aren't going too well because the tutor insists that she teaches us whats in the handouts on a word-by-word basis. I am having difficulty also coping with just being along. Although I did previously say that I am having a wonderful time being single but when I have nothing to do it gets to me. Which is why I act like a totally hyper person when I am thrown in the corner.

I just wish I could stop time like that guy from Heroes ...what was his name? Hiro. Damn, I would love to live in Japan. But I would rather kiss a toad than step into the Japanese Embassy here in Oman because of an incident.

Away from all that gibberish, Sleepless In Muscat has been mentioned on Aamna's blog - but before you go off and check out that post, I think I should tell you that you should be fluent in reading and writing in the Arabic Language - because that's the language that she's gone off and used for that specific post - otherwise; just click here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you find it boring to sit with students who are younger than you by 10 years!! please cheer up, I found it extremely boring to sit in a class of one year younger than me. BUT beware, from what i have been through, sitting alone in the class will make you miss some important notices if u didn't attend, & those young students won't bother tell u.

Thank you for fianlly typing my name right, please change it also in the sidebar, Thanks for adding my blog there. and yes, Why don't you post in Arabic?

Sleepless In Muscat said...

Aamina:

I try to keep my mind busy all the time which is the reason why I am so scarcely around these days whether on the net or in the real world because of my obligations. So it's really nothing to worry about.

I appreciate your concern, though. Thanks.

And I corrected your name as you requested in the sidebar. If there's anything else I can do for you please don't hesitate to let me know.

And I do post in Arabic.. check out one of the blogs on the sidebar. I won't say which one, let you find out on your own ;o)

Anonymous said...

oh yes i knew ur arabic blog since day1 and it is there in my google reader, but it is rarely updated - in contrast to this one.
I won't tell the name though :)
Amna

Sleepless In Muscat said...

yes, I realize that. And there is a reason.

At first, I started it with the hope to broaden my horizon to Arabic blogging and in an attempt to strengthen my mother tongue.

But, alas, my studies came in the way, and I don't post as much as I used to as before even with other participating blogs and even though I blog daily.

When the time is right, I will return to blogging on it unless I feel the need one day to finally just let go of the world of blogging.