Thursday, May 31, 2007

what light beyond window prevails..

As it would seem there is still a glimmer of hope in the matter of those who still haven't found a place to stay in with their families..

As the economical committee has met up with the businessmen and those who have an interest in the real estate industry to discuss the issue of basically making the relationship between the landlord and the renter a more compassionate, social and humane one.

It has also been sought out to look at a solution of building cities that would hold in those who have a low amount of monthly income with a government capital to start off the project.

All too good.

But what about everyone else who still lives with their parents or can't find a decent home?

-----------------

Link:

- Look to build homing cities with low rents (in Arabic)

4 comments:

Solafa said...

Sallam Sleep less in Muscat,

First, i shall admit that you are a real blogger and that your blog is well content with good information, espceially the local news of Oman.

Second, in regards to the new plan of building the new estates for those with the low income is a great idea and i hope this will really work. But as your question indicates, what will happen to those who are still under their family's roof!

There should be another plan to accomodate this group of people, just to be fair to every one i guess.

Oman needs to look into balancing people's demand and the income they get to improve a better life style and solid society.

Third, i hope you don't mind me adding you into my blog list!

Regards,

SOLAFA

Sleepless In Muscat said...

1. Thank you for that admission. I will honor it greatly.

2. Let's hope they have an actual 'plan' in stage this time instead of just a brainstorm session. :P

3. I don't mind at all. In fact, I hope you don't mind me adding your blog's link to my blogroll.

PS: It's Sleepless In Muscat and not Sleep less - just thought I would point that out. :D

Solafa said...

Sallam,

My apology and its my bad to type the one word into two, I will be careful next time to type Sleepless and not Sleep less. Your hint is noted ;)

Sleepless In Muscat said...

lol..

think nothing of it. I just thought I'd let you know, that's all.

:o)